This was my initial line study: Balance
Initial line study: Progression
Initial Line Study: Random
I then integrated them in to a complex line study:
I did this by taking the first line study, balance, and filling the three blocks with the other three line studies.
This process was long and tedious. I had to redo many different complex line studies many times to get the craft just right. It taught me a lot about craft especially to pay attention in the beginning and be very specific with what I produce.
The next process was manipulation and that was something I definitely enjoyed. Rendering these line studies to be completely opposite or to give the meaning of the line study more depth and help the initial definition out. My example is one that we projected and took a photograph of on the wall/ceiling.After the manipulation process was over I then was put on a photo safari to look for lines, and only lines:This was so that I could start pairing up my line studies with actual environmental photographs so that in the end I would have a successful juxtaposition with a vectored line study and a photo.
To use this photo and that manipulation together I had to hand vector with a pencil the manipulated line study to make it flow better from the vectored image into the photo:
This was done on tracing paper, and by doing this by hand improved my hand craft greatly. I learned about about craft within this entire project. It's definitely good to be precise, and aware.
After the hand drawing I vectored them into the computer. I decided I liked the image inverted because the white beams in the photo flowed better with these white lines in this vector, rather than the black line into the white beams.Finally after all the process for this specific line study I put them together to make a juxtaposition: