Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reading response for #1&2

Throughout reading each other these articles I found the process to be interesting, especially within the Iconic Lion reading. I enjoyed that the initial ideas were shown because it really emphasized  what we're doing in class now. Doing iterations of different ways of seeing each icon. Concentrating within the Olympic games icons that were developed within Tokyo, I can definitely see how confusion happened throughout the event they are very vague and have no personality within them. I really enjoyed Olt Aicher's icons for the Olympic games. They have personality, but are still geometric, and very informative. Within this project I'd like to experiment beyond what ten main ideas we were given. I've always loved the 50's geometric shapes, and I'd like to see how I could play that exaggerated geometric form within my picnic icons.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment