Monday, April 26, 2010

type: Gail Anderson


SO!...Here's my first real attempt at drawing swirls for miss Gail Anderson. The layout is definitely going to change so it becomes for of the focus, and instead of hand-rendered type I'm going to use Clarendon so that there is some contrast between the two elements. I'm completely fine with this decision as well, because the type is what took me the longest to execute so now I can focus more on getting more decorative and ornamental with the swirls throughout the rest of the poster.
Also, instead of working at a 100 percent for this poster like I did, I'm going to work larger so that some fine mistakes with line weight and a not so steady hand will show.


What to push for, more details, and more varying line weight within the swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment