Monday, April 12, 2010

Final Magazine layouts


Finalizing the type layouts was a good process. I was really concentrated on a specific style I wanted to portray the entire time, and I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad. I knew who I wanted to attract, and I knew that I liked the idea of integrating articles. Working through all the problems I initially had took some time, and I still have a lot of issues to address due to critique.

I had a five column grid that I followed throughout, and then a top base line that I consistently followed as well. Once I had printed them out with just a white background, I felt it looked way too plain, and generic. So, I decided to add the gingham fabric background that I had scanned in, and then matched the color to match my icon system.

What was said in critique made sense, and I had actually experimented earlier with some of those suggestions. Such as, trying to break the grid and have them flow differently and not just have them all restricting in a box. I don't know, I liked the how much space each spread had around type, but I just have to find a different way of working with it where it looks much interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment