Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vis Com update: Haiku



After finishing up my 45 iterations of my three different lines to my haiku which I decided to go with:

Why so scrawny cat?
Starving for fat fish or mice....
Or backyard love?

The 45 iterations came from different objects that correlated within my poem. I used:

A small flower
A large flower
Yarn
Bark
My Cat, Callie
A bell from a cat collar
A cat Collar
Cat food
A tree Branch
A walnut from a tree
Leaves

At the top are some of my possible final iterations with my tools trying to follow some of my thumbnails that I have picked. This project has been honestly, quite frustrating. I'm really trying to get through these iterations with successful images within my marks. Studying the black ink on paper is a really intense part because you have to look for something essentially out of blobs and see if you can make a shape that is relevant to your haiku. In the end and once you've made enough marks it's easier to see and have so much more variety of marks. At first I did have thirty pages of marks, and that still wasn't enough and I basically redid the entire marking process. Which, I'm really happy I did. I found some really unique marks that I never thought I would be able to make. Finding mice within bark, who knew?

My words I'm working with:
Cat
Scrawny
Gloomy
Starving
Fat
Fish
Mice
Love
Backyard
Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment