Monday, December 7, 2009

Final taxonomy

Final product.

Ultimately, I'm happy with the turnout. I wish I had done more, but time is always an issue. And also, I didn't want to over do it. I liked that there was only five in the book, it made each one that much more special, and unique.

Throughout my taxonomy I had denotations, and connotations. My denotation was set in regular Cochin font, and my connotations were set in italics. Each of my patterns were a specific drop repeat pattern, so I named each one a name based off how much it dropped within an inch. My connotations were the pattern themselves, and what they portrayed. Such as, affectionate, rushed, or dainty.

The taxonomy was a lot of fun doing. I really enjoyed how much freedom we got within this project. It really helped me think more outside the box I think. Such as, picking a theme for our dot book was also fun, because how much freedom we had within it. Over winter break I'll definitely be making more patterns, and what not.  Making new marks would be an interesting twist within it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment