Friday, February 3, 2012

DP: Day 1


This is going to be a lot more challenging for me than I thought it would. I mean, I knew it would be challenging, but when I started to try and to design something today it just seemed like I put so much pressure on myself. And that's not what this exercise is about. So, I went with my one of my first ideas on this run...Holden Caulfield refers to almost everything as "phony". Girls are phony, boys are phony, "it's" phony. He has a lot of animosity towards the people he's around everyday.


Within this poster I wanted to keep it simple. I'm sure it has something to do with it being my first one, and me not wanting to over-work it, or just do something to far, where it wouldn't even relate back to the book. The reason I chose to juxtapose the word "phony" and blonde hair is because, a lot of the girls I know with blonde hair dye it that way; it aint real people. I think this also gets at the idea of what traditional beauty is to people, but in reality what we think is beautiful is fake, or should I say, "phony." 

No comments:

Post a Comment