Sunday, March 27, 2011

Experimental Type Direction








All of these above are from the firm Thirst in Chicago, IL






Above: Marian Bantjes

Overall, I feel that the work I'm most interested in, and attracted to now are the very detail oriented ones. For my type experiments I would like to direct my focus more towards detail and spacial relationships. Over all, I feel that my work so far has a tendency to be flat, and I really want to see how far I can push myself by using dimensions. Thirst does this very well with digital/motion work, this is me not knowing the full process though. They could very well start off in a analog form. Marian Bantjes also has a lot of analog work, and with this comes dimension. The last example I showed of hers, was build out of sugar. This is the type of patience I wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment